Centroid files are also known as pick & place files, XY files, component placement files, SMT files. These are required for HQ NextPCB PCB Assembly orders except if all the parts on the board are through-hole parts. Here we made some gifs to show how to export these files from common PCB CAD software:
1. From the PCB Editor, go to File -> Fabrication Outputs -> Component Placement (.pos)...
2. Choose the output directory and click Generate Position File (default settings are fine)
3. The centroid files should have the extension .pos. Package these and other assembly information into a .zip or .rar file and upload them on the NextPCB PCBA order page
when you are ready to place an order.
How to export KiCad XY Centroid Data
The KiCad centroid file looks like this when opened in a text editor:
In Board view, go to File -> Export -> Mount SMD. Eagle will export separate files for the top and bottom sides by default for double-sided boards.
First, save the top file (.mnt), then the bottom (.mnb) centroid file, and package both into a single .zip or .rar file with any other assembly information. You can now upload these onto the NextPCB PCBA order page when you are ready to place an order.
How to export centroid data from Eagle
Eagle centroid data looks like this in a text editor:
1. Open the PCB Layout file and go to File -> Export -> Pick and Place...
2. In the new window ensure the Use Design Origin checkbox is selected. The rest can be kept as the defaults values.
3. The centroid files should have the extension .csv or .txt, depending on the format selected during export. Package these and other assembly information into a .zip or .rar file and upload them on the NextPCB PCBA order page when you are ready to place an order.
How to export centroid data from DipTrace
DipTrace centroid data looks like this in a text editor:
Open the PCB file and go to File -> Export Pick and Place File... Your browser will then download the file.
The file has the extension .csv. Package it and any other assembly information into a single .zip or .rar file. You can now upload these onto the NextPCB PCBA order page
when you are ready to place an order.
How to export Centroid XY data from EasyEDA
EasyEDA centroid data looks like this when opened in a text editor:
PCB Assembly Files Explanation
For PCB Assembly, 3 files are required at the very least to ensure we can assemble your boards. They are the PCB Gerber files, Bill of Materials (BOM) and centroid data. 1. What is a PCB Gerber file? Gerber is the de-facto standard for representing ...
How to place a PCBA order?
Navigate to the NextPCB PCB Assembly order page from the top menu and upload your PCB Gerber files . The platform will try to read data from the Gerber files and extract some parameters from the files including PCB Size, Layer Count, Min. ...
How to get extra fast PCB Assembly?
HQ NextPCB's turnkey PCB assembly service can produce fully assembled PCBs from 5 working days by sourcing from HQ Online. For turnkey PCB assembly abroad, the slowest part of the production cycle, and the cause of most long waiting times is ...
How long is the lead time for PCB Assembly (PCBA) orders?
After DFA review has been completed, the lead time for HQ NextPCB PCB assembly (PCBA) orders is around 7 business days if all the parts are from HQ Online and around 20 business days if not. The lead time may be affected by the PCB production time ...
Can I send components to NextPCB directly? (Consigned Parts)
In addition to turnkey PCBA services, HQ NextPCB supports consigned components i.e. components that are provided by the customer instead of being procured by NextPCB. This is useful if certain parts are hard to source or have a particularly long lead ...